This is a very light and lovely soup. If you want to take a few days and simply stick to smoothies and juices this soup makes a great dinner. It’s also nice to have even when you’re not detoxing. I love to fill up my tummy with a big bowl of soup before dinner. That way, I know I’ll eat less of the more fattening stuff, and still feel full and satisfied. And, you can’t beat a big healthy bowl of onions and tomatoes.
- Approximately 4 cups of tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
In a large stock pot boil all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Turn stove to low, and simmer for about 30 minutes. Place all ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth. Top with cilantro, basil or crushed red pepper. Enjoy!